Sunday, May 8, 2011

Favorite Mother's books

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and women who took care of children whether your own or for someone. My FB friends all write they have the best mom. I am not going to argue, but my mom is in the top 1% of great.

A fond memory I have with my mom is reading time. My grammar school years I was a horrible reader. I was placed in extra help classes. My mom, yes a school teacher, would read with me at night. We read all the Little House on the Prarie books, A Taste of Black Berries, Dan and Anne, and I'm sure I'm missing some from that year. My reading improved and I started reading books on my own.

Now as a grown up we read the same books, sometimes. Her favorites right now are:

Water for Elephants - flashback of a man's time at the circus with an elephant named Rosie.

House of Riverton - set in present time and flashback. About a granddaughter learning about her grandmother
                      and

Garden Spells - contempory story regarding girls with magical powers.

I loved all of these books also. I'm happy to have a relationship with my mom that books are a part of. What are some of yours and your mom's favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment